Children’s Dental Check-Up Exams
Your child’s dentist and hygienist treatments will include the following procedures:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening: check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: all tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: check current fillings, crowns, and tooth condition.
Frequently Asked Questions